Hiya Novas! This week I’ve been taking a little break from writing on the blog (although I have pre-scheduled the posts being released daily) and I log into the site this morning to find that we’ve hit the 300 followers mark! Wow, thank you very much to all that decide to read our blog and ramblings. To celebrate, I’m going to take a hint from one of our lovely friends Holly over at BlogHollyBlog! Later next week I will post a Q & A and I would love for you all to ask me some questions that you would like to know. Please leave your questions in the comments and I will answer them in next week’s post!
As a part of the 300 Follower’s post, I’ve wanted to update you all on the projects that I am currently working on.
Blogger’s Lan Party: Saturday we are finally going to host our very own Blog Party! the title of the post will most likely be something cheeky like a Lan Party or something, but I encourage everyone on the blog to stop by and mingle with other bloggers! Since the theme it’s going to be a Lan Party, when you stop by, please mention a video game that you have brought to the party and leave a link to any blog post that you would like share with us. Next, mingle with guests, build new relationships, show off your dance skills and let’s live up the party!
Newsletter: I’ve decided to start releasing a Newsletter each month (starting on the first week of September). The Newsletter will have posts from our contributors, upcoming projects and spotlights on other great blogs included. There will be an official blog post released sometime next week with the details and how to sign up for the letter! Also, I will be asking for guest bloggers to contribute posts as well, very exciting.
Gaming Channel: My friend Emily and I are going to start a gaming YouTube channel showing off our competitive games and funny hi-jinks. The first video will be us playing Sonic Mania’s Competition mode! This will most likely go live mid September.
Community Gaming Leaderboards Challenge- Still working out the details for this event so it may be a while before it goes live. Pretty much we’re figuring out a way to have the Leaderboards from a game on Steam updated to the blog. Many kinks to work out still.
There’s a few more things in the works, but these are the most important projects at the moment. Also, please feel free to tell me what type of blog posts you really enjoy. The blog has produced great segments like the Ultimate TKO Fan Faction battles of 2 different characters and the Hidden Treasures post. If there’s anything you would like to see more of, just let me know!
Here are a few awesome blogs that you can check out in your spare time. Also, special shoutout to Maria and Nagems for contributing to the blog as well! When you see their posts on the blog, check them out!
- Adventure Rules – Ian refers to everyone as Adventurers and posts about different video game related topics. Currently, the blog has an excellent community event known as the #BloggerBlitz going on that myself and a few other bloggers are a part of. Check out the results tomorrow at 9am EST from my battle as The Joker against Teri Mae’s character Link and then check out previous battles as well!
- Later Levels – Later Levels is a great blog mainly headed by Kim that talks about awesome gaming topics. You have a variety of posts and discussions and it’s one of my favorite gaming blogs!
- Drew @The Tattooed Book Geek – One of the first book blogs that I started following. He’s great, he’s sarcastic, he’s Drew and I LOVE IT! There’s a surge of content in his book reviews and poetry.
- AmbiGaming Blog – Athena is amazing and she provides real life conversations about how video games can affect an individual. There’s a variety of interesting topics addressed from gender roles to the consequences or lack there of, of video games.
- A Reluctant Hero– An underrated gaming blog hosted by Thero, that touches primarily on video games. He does unboxings for games in Steam and other great posts. Give him a try if you’re inclined!
- Reads & Reels- A fantastic blog that I have been following pretty much since I started about well books and movies! You’ve got to check out the daily posts from Shannanigans. She’s amazing and the reviews are well written.
- IgnitedMoth – A great eclectic mix of book,s comics, graphic novels, shows and more! Ignited Moth is another very near and dear blogger to my heart! She’s amazing and her posts are very entertaining.
- Arcane Halloween– A great comic blog with an emphasis on fantastically funny posts and alliteration. We’re all “Agents” on the blog and you feel like a daring crime-fighter as you read each post!
There’s so many more amazing bloggers that I follow and love so please don’t think that I’ve left you out. I will do more shoutouts down the line. That’s all for today and again Thank you very much for stopping by! Oh yeah, don’t forget to leave some questions for my Q & A post in the comments! Enjoy your weekend!
-A very happy Luna 🙂